A 2022 survey claimed Americans plan to spend about $2,240 on summer spending – making summer the second most expensive season. Summer vacations and back-to-school costs can add up to a hefty price. Fortunately, you can still have a great summer and save your money. Here are 10 ways to save money during the summer so you don’t break the bank:
10 Ways to Save Money During the Summer
- Take a hike: There are many hiking trails and nature reserves that are free to visit. You can explore the great outdoors, get some exercise, and enjoy some beautiful scenery.
- Use natural ventilation: Open your windows and doors to allow natural ventilation. This will help cool your home without using an air conditioner.
- Visit a local park: Many cities and towns have public parks that are free to visit. You can take a picnic, go for a walk or bike ride, or just relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Go to the beach: If you live near the coast, the beach can be a great place to spend a day. You can swim, sunbathe, or play beach games like frisbee or volleyball.
- Have a barbecue: Hosting a barbecue with friends and family is a great way to spend a summer day. You can grill up some burgers or hot dogs, and enjoy some outdoor games or activities. Consider making your barbecue a potluck so friends and family can bring some dishes as well!
- Use energy-efficient appliances, such as air conditioners, refrigerators, and fans. These appliances can save you money on your electricity bill.
- Attend a free outdoor concert or movie screening: Many cities and towns host free outdoor concerts or movie screenings during the summer months. Check your local events calendar to see what’s available in your area.
- Visit a farmer’s market: Many communities have weekly farmers markets where you can buy fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products. It’s a great way to support local businesses and get some fresh air.
- Go for a bike ride: If you have a bike, take it out for a spin on a local bike path or trail. You can explore new areas of your city or town and get some exercise at the same time.
- Have a game night: Invite friends over for a game night. You can play board games, card games, or even outdoor games like cornhole or horseshoes.
These are just a few ideas on ways to save money during the summer, but there are plenty of other inexpensive activities you can do. Now if you want to make some extra cash this summer, LGC can help you with that. Offering all types of jobs like servers, cooks, room service, stadium workers, retail workers and more! LGC works with your schedule. You pick the shifts you want. Apply today! The key is to get creative and make the most of the season without breaking the bank, and making some money is a great way to do that.