Of all the parties to host (if you live in America), Fourth of July is the easiest one! Having it in July makes it perfect for a ton of activities. Plus, you can host outside to make sure you have plenty of room. Here are a few tips to host the Fourth of July party of your dreams!
Host a Dazzling Fourth of July Party with These 6 Tips
- Make invites. A thoughtful gesture is to make personal invitations to your party. It’s uncommon now to receive an invitation. Custom invitations make your Fourth of July party more special and people will feel honored and excited to receive one. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make an invitation. Canva is a great tool for designing anything! If you really want to save time and money, an e-vite is also another great option!
- Focus on the food. This might be the most important tip because you simply can’t have a great Fourth of July party without food! Just make sure you have enough. There’s many ways to guarantee you won’t run out. One way is by having everyone bring a dish of their choosing. People love getting to bring something. You might want to have a sign-up sheet to reduce the same dishes. Another way to make a lot of food is grilling! Fourth of July is the perfect day for grilling up some burgers and hot dogs. If you are creative and have some time on your hands, take a look at Pinterest to get some fun food ideas! Check out these fun recipes to try.
- Bring on the beverages. You’ll more than likely want to set up a BYOD (bring your own drinks) if you plan on having a lot of guests. This way each person can bring what they enjoy drinking. But since you are the host, it’s nice to provide a few drinks. Pinterest also has a ton of fun drink ideas. (Take a look here!) You’ll want to check out your local wholesale store like Costco, Sam’s Club, or Total Wine to get the most for your buck. If you’re feeling really fancy, you can hire a mixologist to come and make the drink for you. Be sure to include non-alcoholic drinks for guests who choose not to drink.
- Plan some activities. Want to guarantee your guests have a great time? Have some fun activities planned. Some easy ones to have are cornhole, spike ball, ultimate frisbee, ping pong, and beer pong. If you have a pool then you’re all set for a day of fun! If you don’t have a pool but want to add some water to the party consider setting up a Slip ‘N Slide. Guests will love it! It will bring back childhood memories and people won’t forget it.
- Don’t forget decorations. Don’t think you have to spend a lot of money on decorations – that’s what Dollar Tree is for! They have plenty of fun, festive decorations to spice up your Fourth of July party! Another idea is creating your own DIY decorations. Consider creating your own photo booth. This will be a fun way to engage your guests and get some memorable pics.
- (Safely and legally) light up the sky with fireworks! This can be tricky due to rules and regulations surrounding fireworks. But if you’ve done your research then hit up your local firework shop. Don’t go crazy and buy too many, and make sure you are getting ones you know how to work. The last thing anyone wants is a hospital run at your Fourth of July party. Be sure to grab some firecrackers and sparklers!
If you need some help for your Fourth of July party let LGC help with your staffing needs. Have a safe and fun holiday!